Today is A MUCH BETTER day thank goodness! For a few days this past week I was barely able to walk due to the pain in my legs, especially the backs of my thighs due to bad really strange rashes that came out. With this condition, a variety of different skin issues can erupt during inflammation. I’ve had issues I never had before in my life! Even though I had been taking some supplements and OTC (over the counter) pain killers for a while, I was wondering if there was something more or different I could be doing. See, I live in an old large house, I don’t like using the tub, so I couldn’t take the strong recommendations from other sufferers to soak in a tub with either Epsom Salts or Dead Sea Salts or Oatmeal, or Bleach for hours on end, so I purchased some Dead Sea Salt Soap to use in the shower which has been fabulous! But still, there had to be more and in no way shape or form am I going to have any doctor give me another drug to ease my suffering. I don’t trust doctors as easily as I did before, it’s been that traumatizing for me!
One day though, out of the blue I received a message through Youtube from one of my fellow sufferers who is healing well and I was informed about some new supplements I could try along with some great tips to help me through this process! I was so happy to get this information that I wanted to share it on my blog, hope you don’t mind Simpy! Anything that can make this withdrawal process easier for all of us, has to be shared.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS SIMPY!!
Hi fellow TSW sufferer!
stay strong! late stage flares are awful and they’ll bring your spirits down! I had a very long withdrawal period, 1 year and 3 months. You will make it through! Your will is strong!
I just watched your video and thought I’d share some tips. Feel free to ignore!
1. Be careful about the excess skin that sheds. Try and toss it right away. A really big trigger for me was dust mites. I would sleep in my basement on the leather couch at night because it was the only way to stay cool. I’d notice when I was sleeping down there, I was much better. The nights *even in the winter* when I’d sleep in my room, I would be so itchy, red, oozy and wake up with swollen eyes. I had a thought that maybe it was dust mites in my bed (they get into your mattress and pillows) and they can be a trigger for flares because they are a common allergen that feed off of dead skin. So, I bought a cover for my mattress and pillows and washed my sheets every week. I can finally sleep in my own bedroom! So vacuum your mattress and put a dust mite cover on it. It will help with the itchiness.
2. When I had a late stage flare, it was after a period where I thought I was done with my TSW. I was feeling normal and would go out into public. I felt like I had my life back. So, naturally I went back to my regular self and got all pretty–I painted my nails. Big mistake! Nail polish was a big trigger for me apparently because I’m allergic to formaldehyde. so try and stay away from that. the skin around our eyes, neck and mouth is so thin that any contact with these types of chemicals triggers a strong reaction. even if you get a pedicure it’ll trigger it because of immuno response memory. It took 3 weeks for me to get out of that flare. But i’m healing so quickly now and only really have a little bit of red skin above my lip and on my fingers. Its manageable. The rest of my skin on my face is back to normal and my neck is perfect (never thought that would happen).
3. Natural Anti-inflammatories: i started taking turmeric capsules as a natural anti inflammatory about 8 months into my TSW. It really helped to regulate my adrenal system because it was so out of whack from all the steroids. I was less red all over and my skin didn’t burn as much after I got out of the shower. Also, I’d make a green smoothie with kale, spinach, parsley, apples, ginger (anti inflammatory) and lemon (with the peel) and have it every other day. It helped me keep my energy up and regulate my sleeping patterns I think. If anything, its a good cleansing mechanism and after all that prescription crap i put in my system, its got to help.
I watched your videos and you’ve helped me so much! Jojoba oil was a god-send, it was the only thing that didn’t sting in the early months. Thank you so much for that tip! You’re so brave for helping others with all the information you provide. I am not that brave.. I didn’t leave my house for 4 months after I started TSW. I don’t have your strength!
Stay strong, keep positive. You’re in the home-stretch and I know you’ll get through this and you’ll have glowing, healthy skin when this is all over! If I can get better, so can you! I’ve been using steroids (topical and oral) for 25 years and if my body healed, yours will too!
You’re in my prayers.
The 3rd part is what made me decide to try some different supplements!
Simpy! You are a life saver! I received that message 9 days ago from today’s writing and ordered Tumeric with Curcumin in it from a company called Salvere, the very next day! Because I do not have a Vitamix machine (yet) or other mixer I’d want to use (yet) to make green smoothies, I also ordered some Green Superfood Supplements by a company called Amazing Grass. I did some research on both and they actually arrived only 2 days after I ordered them and I have been taking them along with my regular Vitamin Liquid supplements (still taking Vitamin D3 & MSM) and let me tell you, I do feel better already. As of today March 26, 2015, the pain I have had to endure since December the 20th has subsided!! I am not certain if it was directly because of the supplements, but it sure feels that way!
- Salvere Turmeric uses only the best ingredients to ensure you get the most health benefits from our supplement. It is our experience that turmeric supplements are more effective than isolated curcumin.
- Detoxify blood and improve circulation and Boosts your immune system
- Help burn fat and lower cholesterol by assisting production of bile
- Improve oxygen flow to the brain and Improves diabetic conditions
- Contains Anti-inflammatory properties and an Anti-oxidant which helps eradicate free radicals
- Recommended 1 Serving size is 1 Tablet per day.
Amazing Grass Green SuperFood offers a full spectrum of alkalizing green superfoods, antioxidant rich fruits, and support herbs united with Acai and Maca to provide a powerful dose of whole food nutrition.
- Green SuperFood is packed full of nature’s more nourishing, cleansing and potent superfoods, alkalizing greens, antioxidant-rich fruits and support herbs
- Certified Organic by CCOF, Vegan, Gluten Free, Non GMO, Kosher, Raw
- Convenient Tablets for individuals who find consuming Green drinks difficult, but still want the benefits of Green SuperFood!
- Recommended 1-3 servings daily. Serving size is 5 Tablets.
- 150 Count 650 mg tablets
Green SuperFood helps you achieve your recommended 5 to 9 daily servings of fruits and vegetables and our finer grind not only provides superior taste, it increases nutrient bioavailability. Green SuperFood is blended to perfection in a delicious tasting powder, with more organic whole leaf greens per gram than other green superfoods. Enhanced with probiotics and a digestive enzyme blend, Green SuperFood is CCOF certified organic to ensure every ingredient is of the highest quality and integrity. Nutrition your body needs with 10 delicious flavors and functions you’ll love! Amazing Grass grasses are grown at our family-run farm in Kansas and we are dedicated to the finest and raw ingredients keeping the best of what Mother Nature has perfect. In the end, making others happy makes us happy people!
You can order both through Amazon.com where they have some great pricing!
As always and with any nutritional supplements, be sure to check in with your doctor first before taking any supplements. These recommendations are not for you or I to assume that they will treat, cure or prevent any disease!